Tuesday 25 January 2011

Back on the boat..

We are back on the boat in rainy Wales after being away for a while. In the past month we have been in London looked after by my parents with a fantastic trip to Israel to enjoy a bit of winter sun.

Whilst I was in London, I had some rather sad news and an opening of an email has made my future rather uncertain. I am unable to go into detail as it is very delicate, however, I have been told that I am at risk of redundancy and that in 90 days time, I may not have a job to return home to. I am particularly sad as I (like my colleagues) worked hard to gain a qualification to enter a profession which helped people and made a difference in the community. Only time will tell if I maintain a position, however, my future is currently in the hands of others and out of my control, a horrible and uncertain feeling.

We are staying in Wales for a while as there are stoppages along the Llangollen Canal, I really don’t mind as I love it here. I am enjoying the fresh air and the green fields and despite it raining ever since we got back I am happy to get back to the familiar routine. Our day normally starts with a lazy breakfast and a decision of what we are to do with the day. If it is nice, then we take a trip out, however, as it has been rather miserable I am been using the time to declutter and do a bit of early spring cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment