Monday 28 February 2011

A Fond Farewell

It has been quite a sad few days. My parents came up to pick up the car however as a finale we drove along my favourite three roads all on one day. The road to the waterfall, the road along the Berwyn Mountains followed by a drive back from Llangollen the scenic route. A total of 70 miles. Luckily for me, Scott did the driving so I could savour every moment of the journey. Overall in 6 months we have added an extra 6000 miles to the little car and all during this time, I only recall one traffic jam which was in Shrewsbury.

This picture of course is of Thomas the Tank Engine, I could not resist taking a photo whilst we were in Llangollen.

Today we said a fond farewell to Chirk and headed back along the canal. We had not meant to stay in Wales for so long, however, I am pleased that we did. We made lifelong friends, enjoyed the fantastic countryside, had many a cream tea, enjoyed many lazy days admiring the views together with some very hard and spectacular walks. We had loads of visitors and I loved showing them around. It was very sad to leave and I did get a lump in my throat as we crossed the Chirk Aqueduct wondering when we would see it again.

We travelled along the canal and moored up in Hindford. It was about an 3 hour journey and my word was it cold. The wind swept across the fields and I was shivering, however, the views were lovely and the air was fresh. Despite being sad to leave Chirk, it was nice to be on the move again. Sadly it is a move to the unknown as I have had still no word on my redundancy

No comments:

Post a Comment