Monday 6 September 2010

Chirk Marina.. day tips

Today we took a boat trip from Llangollen to Trevor (the bit which we did not take our boat). A very nice journey of a couple of hours and well worth it. We saw flowers at the Aqueduct where the girl jumped. I found out from the local paper that she was just 19.



Yesterday we did a mixture of different things, car boot sale in the morning and a walk round Ellesmere lake in the afternoon.

I am still liking it here and enjoying being in a familiar place. I know where the local shop is and which of the 2, coop or spar is better and I know the bus timetables as well as the numbers by heart. The background noise of which I have discovered is a wood factory is annoying me a bit, however, once up on the hills it soon vanashes.

Scott has just done some stove maintenance and the first fire of the autumn is on whilst he adds something to help clean the flue. The familiar smell of the wood burning is reminding me of last years winter and the hour walk to work along the canal in snow. I have been thinking a lot about work recently, its our busy time and have even had a number of dreams about it. I do think back to the daily routine and at times I miss feeling useful.

I have attached some random photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment