Friday 17 September 2010

Trip to the launderette

After a night of heavy rain, the morning was very sunny for our trip to the launderette. We packed up our dirty washing in the shopping trolley and headed down to the bus stop. Again the bus was late (same as yesterday), but once it arrive it is a very quick journey to Llangollen.

As it was a nice day, we decided to do a service wash. This is in fact roughly the same price as doing it ourselves, however, they fold all the washing nicely. It gave us a chance to explore Llangollen a little further. We walked down the canal until we found a bench for an early picnic. It was a beautiful day, with the sun shining and you can almost see a few trees getting ready for autumn.

At about 3pm, we had picked up our washing, purchased some vegetables and had a coffee we were ready for the bus. Looking at the timetable there was one at 3.30, so we sat in the sun and waited. 4pm, no bus.. I asked a driver of another bus if we were sitting in the right spot, he confirmed this for the 4.10 bus, however said that the 3.30 bus is the school bus and undertakes a different route and does not go past where we were sitting. How were we to know that?? no notices, or signs or anything. We waited eagerly for the 4.10 bus, however, by 4.30, no bus and I was cold. The sun was behind the clouds and there was a chilly wind. By 5pm, I was freezing, I then remembered of course, we had a trolley full of clothes and I found my jumper sitting nicely on the top. Why I did not think of it before I don't know. By 5.05 the bus finally arrived and the driver had no idea where the 4.30 bus had been.

The bus sped quickly through the countryside and even though I now know its route, I heart misses a beat when I see the Dee valley and the surrounding countryside. I wonder if people get oblivious to it in the end?

We arrived back on the boat cold and hungry after waiting 2 hours for a bus. I think we could have walked it in less time. This is the second time we have had problems with getting buses back from Llangollen, its almost like they don't want to you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment