Saturday 6 November 2010

Bonfire Night...

Last night was bonfire night so we went to the local fireworks display at Chirk Football Club. For a mere £2.50 we were treated to the biggest fire I have ever seen and some basic fireworks. It started at 6.30 and we left around 7.30. It was slightly chilly, but the fire and hot chocolate kept us warm.

It reminded me of bonfire nights of yesteryear when I would spend hours raking up the leaves for the fire and eagerly waiting for my favourite firework the Catherine Wheel which was nailed to the fence whilst drinking my home made soup.

More recently we were in Switzerland on Swiss National Day, staying with relatives who have a fantastic view over the Lake of Thun and the towns and countryside below. Not only could we see the professional displays along the lake but everyone else’s fireworks miles away.

Yesterday was also Diwali, so I would like to wish everyone a Happy Diwali.

Today we walked again to the ruin above Llangollen. I was not looking forward to the hike as it is really steep and a long way, however, despite my initial grumbles I walked to the top (with only one rest) where we had a picnic lunch. Being such a lovely day the views were outstanding and clear and below we could see little dots of sheep being herded into the next field by a sheep dog with the farmer being on a quadbike.

On our way back we stopped at Llangollen for a cuppa, sadly it was the weakest cup of tea ever, so we are back on the boat have a real tea whilst Scott is playing on Spectrum Games on his PC. I was quite eager for this revival thinking that as I am a few years older the games would be easier, sadly this is not the case. It appears that even though I am older with a few years of gaming experience behind me, it seems that my reactions have slowed down, ability to remember the keys and my lack of patience have hindered my progress on many of the classics.

The two photos above are from the fireworks last night, however, I thought that I would share a couple of photos that I took of the fireworks on Swiss National Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment