Monday 30 August 2010

Chik Marina day 7

The place where we are now I would go as far as to say is magical - (Despite the distant road noise I hear in the background). I am unsure why it is so magical, perhaps its the countryside views, the sunny weather today with not a cloud in the sky, the herd of deer in the woods, the fact that we all (including Matilta) sleep soundly until 9am, the fresh alp like air or the ability to sit in my favourite spot at the marina watching a few boats along the canal, ducks swimming and birds flying over head in the evening sun without a care in the world, perhaps only now have I finally learnt to relax just under 3 months of leaving home.

Today, we walked to Llangollen. Not intentionally. We decided to explore a little lane near the marina and as we walked further up the hill the views got better and better. Before we knew it we were looking high over the fields below and across the horizon. Unfortunately my camera battery died, but a few photos were taken with the iphone. The walk took over 3 hours and when we finally got to Llagollen, we were tired and achey feet so we treated ourselves to lunch.

We decided to take the 5A bus back, somehow the 4.30 bus did not arrive so we had to wait an hour for the next one. The driver of the bus was unsure what had happened to the 4.30 bus however, it seems time is not a factor for us here, I did not mind at all sitting and waiting for the next bus, it was such as lovely day. I know we have another month here, but I am going to find it very hard to leave when October comes, to continue our inland watnerways adventure. Oh, I have just found something to worry about..

1 comment:

  1. looks like your having fun, miss seeing you wandering up and down the towpath at cowley, lol. Been fun following your blog,
    steve and les (jenlyn) x

    ReplyDelete