Thursday 26 August 2010

Chirk Marina day 4 - trip to the launderette

I woke up this morning very disappointed as I heard background noise of cars, something that I wanted to escape from, it was like being back at Packet Boat Marina. I had not noticed it before, however I think that the noise was because the roads were wetter than normal.

We decided to take the bus to Llangollen to the launderette. I got the bus times wrong and it seems that the service on Sunday is better than a week day, so we had to wait another 20 minutes which was very lucky as normally the buses are every 2 hours. I was getting very despondent whilst waiting for the bus as at home the local 222 despite sometimes being unreliable at times is about every 10-15 minutes, unlike every 2 hours here. But when the bus went through the countryside I remembered why we are here.

The launderette was good cheaper than normal and we found a café which was away from the tourist area which made a good cup of tea.

The weather today has also been miserable, not raining but it the air was damp and it was very misty.

No comments:

Post a Comment