Saturday 28 August 2010

Chirk day 6 - walk to Chirk Village

We took a walk to the village today, in fact, only half a walk as someone from the Marina saw us and offered a lift into the village. We wondered around and looked at the church before finding a hotel to have a coffee. I realised as I was sipping my coffee, slowly to make it last, that I was very scruffy in jogging bottoms and t-shirt whilst next to us was a wedding party all dressed up.

Whilst we were in the church a lady doing the flowers (yes very "Jam and Jerusalem") suggested a walk just a bit further along the canal from the Marina. We followed her instructions and came to hill with cows. I really wanted to walk across the field. I was not scared of the cows, but it was the one with horns which stopped us in our quest to see what was over the hill.

In the afternoon, we sat with our Times newspaper and watched the hire boaters pick up their boats for their weekly holiday. My word, I have have never seen so many MPV's all with new registration numbers in the same place at the same time. All very middle class. I was surprised at the about of stuff they had, from ikea bags full of food, to boxes of donuts, from deck chairs to scarf's. I think most of them had more packed for a week than we had for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment