Monday 12 July 2010

Hopwas - in the rain

Its raning today, I beleive its the first day of rain since we have left. - I would say a welcome relief from the hot weather, however, it is rather miserable. - I bet my colleauges at work are happy that their office is no longer a sauna.

We arrived here Saturday evening after a few hours curising. We stopped in Tamworth and found a lunderette, I did not like it it Tamworth, it did not seem a suitable place to stop which is why we took an evening cruise to Hopwas and arrived about 8.30pm in the evening.

This is a nice village, have not found the village shop yet, however, we went for Sunday lunch at the local pub. The veggie options were limited. Scott had an atempt at a veggie roast dinner and I had a starter and a salad as I was not over hungry.

Scott completed a few odd jobs, touching up paint work whilst I worked on my assigment (currently doing a Managment qualification) ready for a conference call to work to discuss the topic with some colleagues who are also doing the same qualification as me.

In the evening we went for a walk in the country. I know I do keep going on about it, but I love the countyside, air is so much cleaner and you can see so far into the horizon, where as at home your line of sight is always blocked with something. I noticed the clouds, had not paid much attention to them before, they were full of twirls and Scott said like mashed potato.

Today we do not have any plans, sent a few emails and had my call to work. This afternoon I think we are going to watch some TV programmes. The outside of the boat could do with a clean, luckly the rain is doing that for us.. I think I am begning to really get into this relaxing life style, however, I do get twinges of missing work and its challenges.

I think we are off again tomorrow, into the deep unknown of the Midlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment