Monday 19 July 2010

Wolverhampton

We arrived yesterday in Coven a place just north of Wolverhampton. We decided to treat ourselves to a Sunday Lunch in a local pub. Menu was not that exciting and Veggie options were limited to 1 main dish. Coven was 'nothing to write home about' so I wont really, however, count not resist this photo.. unsure what they will do if they win 2010.



Now we are in Wolverhampton and took a wonder around the town. The polite - "Useful stop" probably describes it, rather than what I really think. I did however see an old Woolworths whilst debating taking a photo I saw this record shop and wonder how long it has been closed for. We went into a shop or two of which were playing old 80's music, a song which I had not heard for 20 years was Shazm(ed) just to check that it was Bros! (I dont think it was even a hit, rather an album track) so with that and Our Price I felt I was in a timewarp.

When we arrive in new places we use the map application on the Iphone to check we are walking in the right direction, it reminds me Star Trek, however in Wolverhampton we were slightly more cautious of using the phone in public. Again using the map is very useful on buses to ensure we get off at the correct stop, especially as we were not paying much attention on the bus going into the town.

So whilst we are here we are going to stay for a few days, off to a National Trust place tomorrow and Birmingham the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment