Thursday 22 July 2010

Wolverhampton part 2

It has been pointed out to me that at times, my spelling is not quite accurate and it has made my foreign readers have a few problems when looking up meanings of words which do not exist in the dictionary. So apologies to my readers abroad, I will ensure that I will use my spell checker (Scott) a little more often.

We have spent the last few days in Wolverhampton with my parents who came to visit. We went to a couple of National Trust Houses and took the tram into Birmingham. (I will add some photos when they are sent to me).

Every morning we met my parents for breakfast in their hotel, what I did not know is that one can just purchase breakfast without actually staying and £5 ish each was good value for money for a buffet.

Birmingham was a 20 or so minutes tram ride away, a nice and clean way to travel. Each tram had a conductor on board and I did think that it would be a nice and easy job, however, I was told that they do 10 hour shifts and have to deal with very difficult people at night so I decided that a career change was not in the pipe line (or tram line). We wondered around the shops in Birmingham trying not to be tempted by an Ipad or Iphone 4 and I was very happy to have purchased a DAB radio which works superbly, however, I am thinking that the reception will depend on where we are. Whilst my parents were here, we also visited Moseley Old Hall and Wightwick Manor and Gardens, both National Trust and worth a visit. The guided tours were very interesting and made the story of each of the properties come to life.

During my parents visit, Scott was driving their car and one evening we left my parents at their hotel whilst we went back to the boat to feed Matilda. Scott did a fantastic job driving around the ring road which requires some very quick changing of lanes. He quite enjoyed driving again especially as it was an automatic car and it was odd him driving so fast as we have really been conditioned going 4mph along the canals.

I don’t think that we will be returning to Wolverhampton, however, I have a feeling that we will be needing to pass it on the way home. Despite my initial concerns that this was not a pleasant town some part were surprisingly nice.

So tomorrow we are off again. We are aiming for the Llangollen for September, so we have a nice and easy month ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment