Sunday 4 July 2010

Braunston to Rugby


Have been in Brausnton for a couple of days. It’s a lovely village.We moored near a pub which had Wifi and lovely countryside views. The Canal was very busy, a hub of activity. I guess this is because it is at a junction. The local shops (perhaps not that local) was a good 10 minutes walk up hill from the canal, my shopping trolley was very handy. – Unfortunately Scott did not want to pull the trolley as it was too girly or old lady ish- which meant I had to carry the bottles of water down the hill.

The only negative aspect of Braunston was that I had no phone signal – so felt a tad cut off from the outside world.

On Saturday friends came to visit and we had a relaxing day chatting over lunch with the girlies taking a walk whilst the men went back to the boat to discuss computer stuff or whatever men talk about. I really did appreciate the visit from my friends - It was nice to have conversations with people other than Scott!!

Today, we left Braunston (very sadly as I really did love it) to travel to Rugby. The scenery as we left was just lovely and my photos really don’t do it justice.

We are now in Rugby, on the outskirts somewhere – I can’t wait to leave to get back to the countryside again.

Sunday Lunch anyone?










For info to Braunston we have done 113 miles with 90 locks! – It took our friends 1hour and 40 minutes to drive to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment