Tuesday 1 June 2010

Day one!

We have left the safety of the marina today and are now moored just outside so that we can get the cratch cover done.  Glenda (the cratch cover lady) said it will take a week but I hope it's quicker as I am eager to get travelling. However on the bright side it does mean that we can get a few odd jobs done on the boat before we set off.  

The canal today is very busy, lots of hire boats, which i guess is because of half term. So have spent the morning watching them go up and down the canal. We were the only ones moored here, but now we have company. 

The weather is not so good, so do not feel like going out. I have to admit that even though it's very relaxing I am a tad bored. With that in mind  I have been waiting for a hobby to present itself and other than writing a journal until saturday I was hobbyless, however I have now bought myself a fender making kit, so watch this space. 

At the weekend we went to Crick boat show and saw some lovely widebeam boats - maybe one day! On Sunday we went out with friends for a farewell drink. A good time had by all. 

I have now noticed that I have a follower (thank you father!) however I do know that other people are reading this so knowing that it makes all the rambling worth while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment