Tuesday 29 June 2010

Whilton ..

Matilda caught a mouse - her blog as all the info!!

After waking up a tad late we travelled to Weedon, a nothing special place with a shop (handy for supplies) and a pub, where we decided to have a pub lunch, which was not bad but had to wait ages for the food to arrive.

We carried on to Whilton, we met up with the railway again and at points the canal was so close to the Virgin Trains that I could almost see the passengers as they whizzed past.

The canal had a number of bends but no locks which was handy, it gave us time to think about possible names if we bought a new boat. - Ideas such as Dharma Initiative (from lost), Tamiya and Red Dwarf were of course rejected by me. I would not have my boat named after a TV programme I watched for 7 (wasted) years with such a terrible / disappoiting ending let alone an old BBC comedy or the make of radio control cars. I thought something more earthy such as Tranquillity, however, perhaps that's a bit cliché

1 comment:

  1. No blog for 30th - does this mean you have reached the boundaries of civilisation and blogs get lost in hyperspace

    ReplyDelete