Wednesday 16 June 2010

Still in northchurch..

We are still here in Northchurch waiting for our part to arrive.. hopefully nothing too major. The falut was a bracket which supported the engine had snapped.

This is a lovely place to be stuck.. Village on one side of the canal and countryside on the other. - church bells ringing in the distance, birds singing and children playing - yes, we are moored next to a primay school and my word children are loud at lunch time.

Today, we took at bus trip into Birkhampstead - was a lovely jouney, the bus was big, plenty of room and had seat belts - so far away from the crowded 222 bus where you had to stand and hold on for dear life. (which reminds me TFL have not returned my "dont think that people should stand on buses" email)

Whilst we have been unable to move the boat I have been pondering. I felt that I did not have a purpose and was just pottering on the boat. The year was to travel and currently we are not travelling. I began to think about purposes and wondered how important it is to have a one (or more than one). When I was working, I helped young people (I hope) and earnt money to buy stuff, when on holiday my purpose was to sight see, if I was unemployed I guess my purpose would be looking for work and weekends was to do housework etc - all things which have a purpose. I am sure most other people, would be happy to relax in such lovely surrondings, but I feel that I needed something.. Then my parents came up with the idea of typing up my grandfathers autobiography which he hand wrote nearly 40 years ago - so therefore, my purpose has been found!..

Now I just wish Matilda instead of her purpose being to play with toy mouse, actually try and use her new litter tray..

No comments:

Post a Comment