Monday 14 June 2010

Some bad luck.....

Yesterday we spent the day in Berkhampstead, Quite a nice town with a high street with more hairdressers than probably the whole of Uxbridge, Hayes and West Drayton. 

Yesterday morning whilst pottering I was watching some fishermen. It all seemed rather odd to me. 10 or so men all about 10 meters apart just sitting there to far away to have a conversation with other. Opposite the boat was a young lad and further  was i guess was his father,. They were there from 8am to 3pm (Scott said they were probably going home for Sunday lunch cooked by his mother).  I watch the young lad catch a number of fish and put them in a big net, was not sure why they were not put back straight away- I guessed it was to count number caught, however I thought a notebook suffice.  I was amazed at the amount of equipment they had. So much for a stool and a little net. I did wonder if the son enjoyed himself he had very little interaction with anyone 7 hours. I not one to question the sport of fishing however I did read in the BBC that the fish do feel discomfort in their mouths..... 

This morning we broke down!! And Scott slipped into the canal, only waist deep though but he had my phone in his pockets which thankfully was ok.

We had to drag the boat 1/4 mile to a village called northchurch to
be near the road for rescue and will be here for a few days (+ the extra for canal time - as everything takes longer in the boating world).  

New hobbies have been sought: origami,   Tarot Reading and I bought a book on the weather. 

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, can't believe you have both been in already! Make sure you don't fall in the lock, cos that's really scary! Sonds like your have ing fun anyway. I love Matilda's blog by the way. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete