Thursday 10 June 2010

Out of our comfort zone..




Today we are in Kings Langley after 2 days of travelling.

Yesterday our Cratch Cover was completed. It is fantastic and will mean that we have extra storage and we can sit out the front whilst it is raining. The sides roll up and there are windows on each side with window covers. Thank you Glenda, Adrian, Pete and Scamp for not only a lovely cover, but for your company over the last week. I hope we meet again soon.

We left Cowley at 1pm and travelled until 8pm where we reached Rickmansworth. By the end of the day, I was shattered as unfortunately every lock was against us, which means that we had to empty them before we were able to use it.

Using the locks is very hard work and I ache! Used muscles that I never even knew excisted.

After a good nights sleep we got up bright and early and moored next to Tescos to do our shopping. Yes, I know I am anti Tescos, but being able to moor next to the shop (we thought) was very handy, we bought loads of heavy stuff such as bottles of water, however, only to discover that the people at Tescos did not want the boaters to take their trolleys to their boats, so we had to carry all the shopping for 50 meters or so to the boat. They also were not very clever with the moorings, the boat was so much lower than the bank, so we had to be pretty nifty to load the shopping onto the boat.

After our shopping trip, we plodded along through 15 locks.. and yes, I did them all and yes, I am sooo tired.

So we are in Kings Langley, we are way out of our comfort zone going to places I have never even heard off. I find it very odd travelling along the canals as my sense of direction has gone completely as I normally navigate by road numbers; well I guess for the next year, the canals will be our road and water points, pump outs and pubs will be our landmarks.


I have attached a few pictures:
• Our boat with the cratch covers
• And a picture to make you go ahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment